Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tweet Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick

Tweet Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick
 Rating: 4/5 Hoots


Release Date: June 22, 2010


GoodReads.Com Summary:
Claire is a #hopelessromantic. Lottie is determined to set up her BFF with Mr. Perfect. Will wants his #secretcrush to finally notice him. Bennett is a man with a plan.
Claire can’t believe it when her dream guy starts following her on Twitter. She never thought he noticed her, and suddenly he seems to understand her better than almost anyone.
But the Twitterverse can be a confusing place, especially when friends act differently online than they do in person. Things get even more complicated when Claire realizes she’s falling for someone else, the last person she ever would have expected….
Told in an innovative format combining tweets, emails, and blogs, Tweet Heart is a contemporary romantic comedy that will set your heart atwitter.

My Review:
When I picked up Tweet Heart, I thought it looked fun but did not have high expectations. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this book! The first few pages are a bit tricky as you try to remember who is who (which Twitter handle belongs to which person), but you get used to it quickly. Obviously, the most unique aspect of this book is the format- in addition to being told in Tweets, it is also interspersed with blog posts and emails. I think the format will make it really appealing to teens and may even draw in some reluctant readers. It is very well executed too- the overall design is really nice, including profile pictures for each character, twitter backgrounds, and blog headers.

The characters are a lot of fun- the friendships feel genuine, and I liked how much we learned about each person's personality just by reading their friends' tweets. The romance(s) were sweet and fun to watch unfold- maybe a bit predictable but that didn't take away from my enjoyment of them.  The guys are very crush-worthy and sweet- I love underdog guys!

Tweet Heart was a fun take on contemporary romance, and I think it is a great summer read! Throw it in your beach bag and enjoy :-D

1 comment:

  1. Since I'm a tweeter and a blogger, I just might have to check this out! On the list for some light summer reading!

    ReplyDelete